Replies: 10389
Total votes: : 4

Last post: Today at 07:36:52 AM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Lab Flaker

Heard a cougar in the bush

Started by Annie, August 21, 2013, 02:31:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

My daughter and I were walking back from the grocery store and there's a part of a forest that hasn't been cleared, we heard an aggressive growl from the bush right next to us about 5 feet in.  We've heard that growl before and knew it was a cougar, We didn't stick around LoL And then about 2 minutes later we saw a huge bat swooping bugs  :)
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Odinson

Has happened to me once or twice. Some older women hunting younger guys.

jaysings

by now i only saw a wild moose eating grass on the street in banff town

neither black bears or cougars i've ever met in my life

Anonymous

Quote from: "Annie"My daughter and I were walking back from the grocery store and there's a part of a forest that hasn't been cleared, we heard an aggressive growl from the bush right next to us about 5 feet in.  We've heard that growl before and knew it was a cougar, We didn't stick around LoL And then about 2 minutes later we saw a huge bat swooping bugs  :)

Do you live right in the city of Vancouver Annie? A large carnivore right inside the city limits would be kinda kewl.

Renee

I can easily see this thread taking a wrong turn. :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"I can easily see this thread taking a wrong turn. :lol:

Yep, I would say it is within the realm of possibility. :lol:

cc

No offense Annie, but the title did get me thinking about smartass lines to add
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"
No offense Annie, but the title did get me thinking about smartass lines to add

With the possible exceptions of Jay and Fash just about anyone was thinking like a smartass.

Odinson

Sometimes at night you can hear the screams of the victims.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Odinson"Sometimes at night you can hear the screams of the victims.

Yes, [size=150]Yes[/size], [size=200]YES![/size]

Odinson

I know right... That poor poor man.

Annie

I'm in the Tri City area and we have bears, cougars, coyotes, racoons all the time. We have bear scratches on our fence from them climbing over and when we forget to close the gate, a huge family of racoons like to hang out in our yard. Just last week they had to tranquilize a momma bear and her cubs and move them to a safer area.
Your mind is a garden. Your thoughts are the seeds. You can grow flowers or you can grow weeds.  ~ Anonymous

Renee

Quote from: "Annie"I'm in the Tri City area and we have bears, cougars, coyotes, racoons all the time. We have bear scratches on our fence from them climbing over and when we forget to close the gate, a huge family of racoons like to hang out in our yard. Just last week they had to tranquilize a momma bear and her cubs and move them to a safer area.

Last summer we had a black bear that used to come at night and swim in our pool, bastard made a hell of a mess.  :x
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Odinson

Just shoot them, skin them and sell the fur.

Renee

Quote from: "Odinson"Just shoot them, skin them and sell the fur.

You sound like my husband. Unfortunately bear season is not in the middle of the summer.  :lol: